John Geekiel Art

Please have a look at my ART blog which shows views of Beverley.

Sunday 21 May 2017

More late evening sightings

Walking down Willow Lane as dusk is falling with a looming thunderstorm approaching I hastened my little excursion to walk George. However, the heady fragrance of May blossom and the atmospheric quietness made me linger. I immediately saw a very quick water vole jump into the stream and then hide among dense vegetation growing from the water. Moving on I saw another vole, and then listened. A song thrush was singing, the variety of it's song became mesmerising and I stopped to try and record the sound. Robins, great tits and warblers, possibly a whitethroat sang in the background. As the light began to fade I was aware of the small flitting shapes of bats feeding. These bats were much smaller than ones seen nearby a couple of days earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment